Squirrel Queen tagged me, so here goes nothing. In the spirit of my newfound desire not to be the Grinch’s meaner half-uncle, it’s a Christmas-themed Xmas meme!
Rules for the game include:
1) Link to the person that tagged you, and post the rules on your blog.
2) Share Christmas facts about yourself.
3) Tag 7 random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs.
4) Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends.
1. Wrapping or gift bags? I prefer bags, just because, like most folks without a retail background and with absolutely no patience, my wrapped gifts look awful.
2. Real or artificial tree? Most of my life, we had fake trees; there were a few years awhile back we had real trees, but these days we’re treeless. There’s a cat in the house after all.
3. When do you put up the tree? Generally, we don’t. Before, we usually did it mid-December.
4. When do you take the tree down? After New Year’s, but before the Super Bowl.
5. Do you like eggnog? I agree Squirrel Queen—give me boiled custard, or give me death. My mom likes eggnog, and I like bourbon, so maybe she and I can compromise.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Anything electronic.
7. Do you have a nativity scene? Nope, and my idea for a fight scene between Santa Claus and Cobra Commander got shot down, too.
8. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Nothing immediately springs to mind, though I have been disappointed by the performance of some gifts.
9. Mail or email Christmas cards? In case you missed the post below, mail. Even if I’ll see you between now and Christmas, you’re still getting mail. And you’ll like it, ass!
10. Favorite Christmas Movie? Reindeer Games, starring Ben Affleck and Lt. Dan, featuring Naked Charlize Theron before she could act.
11. When do you start shopping for Christmas? I start as soon as possible, though since I tend to buy from Amazon, I have a lot of boxes laying around the house for November.
12. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Everything, especially candy canes, bourbon balls, fudge, chocolate anything, desserts, and all that fattening stuff that still manages to go great with the beer in the Samuel Adams Winter Collection
13. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Must… resist… urge… to make… lynching joke… ah, screw it. If it’s hanging from my tree, it has to be colored.
14. Favorite Christmas song? Pretty much any of the many Christmas songs by The Vandals.
15. Travel at Christmas or stay home? We go to relatives’ houses. Used to do two in one day, but now just one.
16. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer. They call them Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen… Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen. And yes I recall… THE most faaaaamous reindeeer of allll… Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer.
17. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star.
18. Open the presents Christmas Eve or Christmas Morning? Christmas Eve, but Santa usually ends up bringing surprise presents Christmas morning.
19. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Crowds and lousy TV specials
20. Do you decorate your tree in any specific theme or color? We don’t have a tree, but the house is generally festooned with Christmas-themed stuff.
21. What do you leave for Santa? Half a kilo of uncut Colombian marching powder. Oh, wait, that’s what I hope Santa leaves for me. Diet Pepsi and peanut brittle?
22. Least favorite holiday song? “Do They Know Its Christmas” by the disgusting Band Aid.
23. Favorite ornament? Hmmm… I don’t think I have one, but I did buy someone a Godzilla plushie that ended up becoming a permanent addition to her Christmas tree, which is pretty cool.
Take it away, boys and girls!